There's really nothing like some hot and spicy roast potatoes to accompany your favourite meat, fish or even vegetarian curry. Enjoy this recipe with our Calabrian Chilli.
Italian Smashed Roasted Potatoes
Cooking time:40 minutes
1 kg yellow and red potatoes
3 tbsp olive oil, extra virgin
3 tbsp butter
1 tbsp garlic, minced or fresh
Ingredients for Italian seasoning:
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried basil
½ tsp calabrian chilli
¾ tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 200 deg C.
- Bring a pot of water to boiling and then add the potatoes. Allow them to boil for 5-8 minutes or until potatoes are a little soft to the touch.
- Oil your baking sheet with olive oil to prevent sticking and then spread your potatoes in an even layer on the baking sheet. You don't want one on top of another or they won't brown as well.
- Use a fork to gently press down on each potato.
- Melt your butter in a microwave safe dish or on the stove. Stir the garlic into the ghee. Pour your ghee/garlic mixture over each potato.
- Sprinkle all Italian Seasoning ingredients over the top of your potatoes.
- Place baking sheet of potatoes in the oven. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Potatoes should have some browning and be crispy on the outside.
- Remove from oven. Add fresh chopped parsley (optional) and serve right away!