If you are looking for way to elevate your salmon steaks, you must try our tandoori marinade, its absolutely amazing.
Tandoori Salmon with Raita
Cooking time:40 minutes
2 salmon filets
¼ tsp freshly ground peppercorns
150g natural yoghurt
1.5 tsp tandoori spice
120g basmati rice
2 Handfuls ready-washed spinach
Salt (to taste)
1 small red onion, finely sliced, to garnish
- Place the salmon on a glass dish or ceramic plate.
- Zest half of the lemon over the salmon then squeeze over the lemon juice.
- Combine 2 tbsp natural yoghurt with tandoori spice in a small bowl and coat the salmon with the marinade.
- Cover with cling film and leave in the refrigerator overnight to marinate or at least for two hours before cooking.
- When ready to eat , wrap the salmon in foil, place on a baking tray and put in the oven preheated to 180 C. Bake for 20 min
- In the meantime put the spinach in a colander and carefully pour over just-boiled water from the kettle to wilt.
- Refresh under cold running water and squeeze out the excess liquid, then roughly chop and pat dry with kitchen towel
For the Raita:
- Add the spinach, 1 tbsp of lemon juice, a pinch of salt to a bowl with the remaining yogurt and stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl, toss the red onion with a squeeze of lemon juice and a pinch of salt.
- Serve with the rice, raita and lemon wedges, and garnish with the onion.